Consulting Fans Shannon, Finnagain, Earlgreytea68, and Elizabeth Minkel talk about the tensions of Privilege and Prejudice in fandom that support attacks on harmless works like coffeeshop AUs. Listen here or download.
- Fansplaining -The podcast by, about, and for fandom, hosted by Flourish Klink & Elizabeth
- The Rec Center
- “My words stayed in folders”: life as a fandom lurker by Elizabeth Minkel
- Fandom is Broken by Devin Faraci
- Entitled by Elizabeth Minkel
- Entitled (follow up) by destinationtoast and Elizabeth Minkel
- Things I Missed Yesterday While Living My Life and Then Reading Fluff Fic by earlgreytea68
- Coffee Shop AU on Fanlore
- I’ve Got Nothing to Do Today But Smile (The Only Living Boy in New York) by gyzym
- Café Oo by lonelywalker
- Ten Cups of Coffee (A Love Story) by harriet_vane
- Pentanedione, Damascenone, Furanone, Vanillin by peevee
- Two creams, one sugar by underwater_owl
- It Just Sort of Happened by earlgreytea68
- Pumpkin Spice Latte by earlgreytea68
- Long Live the Coffee Shop AU on Ao3
Supplemental Research Articles
- Ang, I. (1988). Feminist Desire and Female Pleasure: On Janice Radway’s Reading the Romance: Women, Patriarchy and Popular Literature (Chapel Hill and London: University of North Carolina Press, 1984). Camera Obscura, 6(1 16), 179-190.
- Busse, K. (2013). Geek hierarchies, boundary policing, and the gendering of the good fan. Participations, 10(1), 73-91.
- Kidd, D. C., & Castano, E. (2013). Reading literary fiction improves theory of mind. Science, 342(6156), 377-380.
- Mar, R. A., Oatley, K., & Peterson, J. B. (2009). Exploring the link between reading fiction and empathy: Ruling out individual differences and examining outcomes. Communications, 34(4), 407-428.
- Sauro, S., & Sundmark, B. (2016). Report from Middle Earth: Fan fiction tasks in the EFL classroom. ELT Journal. doi 10.1093/elt/ccv075
- Stanfill, M. (2013) “They’re Losers, but I Know Better”: Intra-Fandom Stereotyping and the Normalization of the Fan Subject, Critical Studies in Media Communication, 30:2, 117-134
This segment was originally posted on July 1, 2016 in Episode 51: Three Shot Latte – The Official TPP Coffeeshop AU. It may have been remastered for audibility.
Unless otherwise indicated, music is available for purchase through online retailers such as amazon.com and iTunes.
- Grace, ft. G-Eazy, Memo: You Don’t Own Me
Producer: Shannon / Editor: Emma
Banner Art: Fox Estacado
Distribution funded by fans!
How to Cite
Three Patch Productions (Producer). (2016, July 1). Privilege and Prejudice in Fandom Roundtable. Three Patch Podcast Episode 51: Three Shot Latte – The Official TPP Coffeeshop AU. Podcast segment retrieved from http://www.three-patch.com/casefiles/51-privilege_rt