Consulting Fan Drinkingcocoa interviews fellow Rupert Graves fan and queer film history scholar Claire about Rupert and his acting career. Listen here or download.
- Maurice (1987) will be released on 4K Blu-ray for the first time in 2017 by the Cohen Film Collection, and is on Netflix at:https://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Maurice/60010639
- James Ivory, promoting Maurice into his 80s
- Mrs Dalloway (1997), A Waste of Shame: The Mystery of Shakespeare and His Sonnets (2005) and Clapham Junction (2007) are also on Netflix.
- The Moth (2016, from the Sky Arts series The Nightmare Worlds of H. G. Wells) is released on Region 2 DVD on 17 October 2016:https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HMOZ4MK
- Open Fire (1994) is on YouTube in 9 parts starting at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfAYU8nzPks
- Different for Girls (1996) is on Amazon Video: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Different-Girls-Steven-Mackintosh/dp/B00FZNAKQG or on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2eFl2D4JYs
- Native (2016) screens in September at the Portobello Film Festival in London and Jameson CineFest Miskolc in Hungary, and has been shortlisted for the Best Original Score award at Fimucité 10 in Tenerife: https://twitter.com/nativemovie
Notes: Martin Sherman’s groundbreaking gay play Bent premiered in 1979 (not ‘the 1980s’). The Game Is On benefit in support of London Lesbian and Gay Switchboard took place in London on 11 November 2012 (not 2011). Thank you to Claire for the corrections!
This segment was originally posted on September 1, 2016 in Episode 53: Sexpisode 4 – A Stroke of Genius. It may have been remastered for audibility.
Unless otherwise indicated, music is available for purchase through online retailers such as amazon.com and iTunes.
- The Smiths: This Charming Man, The Smiths
Banner Art: Fox Estacado
Distribution funded by fans!
How to Cite
Three Patch Productions (Producer). (2016, September 1). From the Notebook of Kitty Riley: Rupert Graves and Queer Film History. Three Patch Podcast Episode 53: Sexpisode 4 – A Stroke of Genius. Podcast segment retrieved from URL http://www.three-patch.com/casefiles/53-interview-claire/